Research, Analysis, and Briefs
The Coalition regularly contributes to provincial policy and public budget discussions. Here are some of our key briefs.
- Octobre 2016 – Protecting Employees' Rights. Submitted to the Department of Post-Secondary Education, Training and Labour.
- October 2015 – A Public Child Care System: The New Frontier of Equal Opportunity. Submitted to the Government of New Brunswick
- January 2013 – Comment on the Results of the Government of New Brunswick’s Pay Equity Program for Non-Legislated Sectors. Submitted to the Minister responsible for Women's Issues.
- June 2007 – The Value of Child Care Work: Investing in Self-Sufficiency. Brief submitted to the Department of Family and Community Services as part of the Early Learning and Child Care Public Consultation.
You want to dig a little deeper into pay equity? Here are some useful documents and research.
First, take a look at the broad picture with this document that dissects the issue of pay equity in the New Brunswick private sector.
- September 2017 – Women cannot afford to wait any longer. Rachel Richard for the Coalition’s Empowering Women for Political and Community Action project.
Community and Care-Giving Sector
Find out more about the realities of the community and care giving sectors—sectors that are almost entirely dominated by women.
- October 2020 – The Value of Care: Pay equity maintenance in home care, transition houses and community residences, a pay equity maintenance exercise conducted by the New Brunswick Coalition for Pay Equity.
- May 2019 – Evaluating pay equity in the community care sector, an adaptation of the training handbook L’équité salariale et les travailleuses non syndiquées : Comprendre pour mieux agir, originally produced by the Conseil d’intervention pour l’accès des femmes au travail (CIAFT).
- November 2018 – L'offre de services de soins à domicile : les réalités des femmes francophones qui oeuvrent dans ce secteur en région rurale du Nouveau-Brunswick. (Available in French only) Hélène Albert, Lise Savoie, Isabel Lanteigne, and Elda Savoie, professors at the School of Social Work in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the Université de Moncton.
- Spring 2017 – Femmes leaders du secteur communautaire : leur engagement et leur contribution au changement social. (Available in French only) Research by Lise Savoie, Marie-Andrée Pelland, Hélène Albert and Isabel Lanteigne, professors at the School of Social Work in the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences at the Université de Moncton.
- July 2016 – Needs assessment report for the Coalition’s Improving the Economic Prosperity of Women in the Care-Giving Field project. By Anne Robichaud.
- October 2014 – Pay Equity in Care-Giving Services in New Brunswick. Ruth Rose. Report prepared for the New Brunswick Coalition for Pay Equity - You can also consult the Report's Executive Summary.
- January 2014 – The Government of New Brunswick's Pay Equity Program for Non-Legislated Sectors: A just and Equitable Process? Elizabeth Blaney, Wendy Johnston, Louise Aucoin & Johanne Perron. University of New Brunswick Law Journal, Vol. LXV, ISSN 0077-8141, 2014, pages 353-377
- October 2011 – Report on women's leadership in New Brunswick's community sector. Beth Lyons for the New Brunswick Coalition for Pay Equity (Coalition) with contributions from Johanne Perron (Executive Director, Coalition) and Emmanuelle Chapados (Project Officer, Coalition).